One of the biggest issues for NHS IT teams throughout the UK is managing new starters, leavers and movers within Active Directory. Directory Manager addresses this issue by automating the entire process, ensuring Electronic Staff Records, NHSmail and Active Directory accounts continue to remain up-to-date.
Directory Manager quickly enables NHS organisations to:
- Systematically create domain user accounts, mailboxes and user folders
- Control the user account lifecycle
- Create a bi-directional link between Active Directory and the Electronic Staff Record (ESR)
- Automate the update of staff email addresses in ESR from Active Directory
- Free up IT resources from routine user management
- Reduce overall administrative costs
- Support the implement paperless administration systems
- Encourage role-based Access Control
- Provide Active Directory self-service
- Delegate review and approval of changes to non-technical staff
- Provide a full audit trail of changes applied to Active Directory
- Send notifications of key events to system administrators.
- Schedule and email file extracts for use by NHSmail, ESR or other systems
- Reduce turnaround times for network access requests
- Disable leavers promptly and efficiently
Use of the software reduces administrative costs significantly. A survey of established sites has revealed the time saved is equivalent to 1.25 full-time staff per 5,000 users managed.
Directory Manager™ has been designed for the NHS and is used in numerous NHS organisations throughout the UK. Being designed to work with Electronic Staff Records (ESR) and NHSmail, it resolves several internal systems management challenges faced by health and care organisations.
The market leading Directory Manager™ software automates the management of users, controlling the creation, changes and expiration of accounts and mailboxes. The software directly integrates staff records from the Electronic Staff Record (ESR), and enables Active Directory user accounts to be managed effortlessly with a single click.
When a new or change staff record is identified in ESR, Directory Manager determines the change required to synchronise Active Directory and the associated messaging systems. It emails the designated user or group to obtain approval. Once approved, all updates to Active Directory, Exchange, security groups and file system resources are applied.
As well as local systems, the software can compile data to be transmitted to other systems either by email, file, web service or other programmable interfaces such as helpdesks, security systems, telephone systems, and most commonly, NHSmail.
For further information please contact us or use the panel opposite and we will call you back shortly.