As NHS IT teams across the country work towards more efficient and effective IT systems, at BDS Solutions we are rolling out our Directory Manager software, supporting IT staff in their visions for a streamlined and cost effective infrastructure, with more than 50 Trusts across the UK now using the software.
Directory Manager helps to streamline workflows and keeps admin time down, as it connects the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) and other administrative systems to automatically manage Active Directory, Exchange and other IT software and systems in place.
Did you know?
- Directory Manager gathers data from ESR, recruiting systems or in-house systems, automatically creating and updating Active Directory accounts and Exchange mailboxes based on rules defined by the organisation.
- The software can integrate directly with the ESR Generic Outbound Interface (GOI) providing a seamless daily feed of staff, assignment and organisation information straight to an SQL Server database held in the NHS organisation. As well as being used by Directory Manager, this data is also available for other teams within the organisation who wish to make use of ESR data.
- Directory Manager helps in establishing robust policies for the management of the staff data within Active Directory, ensuring that procedures for updating and expiring accounts are operated effectively. This helps ensure that accounts are accurate, do not have unnecessary permissions and are disabled when employees leave.
- Using Directory Manager provides a connector service to NHSmail, enabling organisations to automatically update the NHSmail directory each day with information relating to new starters. This can be configured as a two-way synchronisation to ensure that updates on NHSmail are captured locally.
- The software offers almost limitless opportunities to define comma-separated value (CSV) and reporting outputs that can be produced and emailed automatically. Uploading email addresses to ESR, creating lists of new users for induction and identification of expired accounts are all examples of outputs that can be generated on a defined schedule.
- Directory Manager facilitates a perpetual audit of Active Directory accounts, allowing alerts to be set up to inform administrators of specific conditions, such accounts that have not been logged in for a long time, accounts that get locked-out regularly or accounts that join specific security groups.
Directory Manager is developed by BDS Solutions, who work with over 120 NHS Trusts and CSU organisations providing infrastructure development and support services. Their technical and support teams provide on-site and remote consultancy spanning all Microsoft, VMware and Citrix infrastructure technologies via their N3-connected offices.